Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Cricut's New Home

Well I have been working on my scrap room and the week before I was going to start the neighbors had this dresser out by the road with a free sign on it. I was so excited. I dragged it home in the morning all by myself and hoped no one was looking out their window. It must have been quite a site. I can not believe I got it home! I did some research on the web and pinterest to get some ideas on how to paint it. This is what it looked like at first.
 The stickers came right off because it had been raining outside and they were wet. I first made my own chalk paint using a recipe I found on the Internet. Three parts paint and one part plaster of paris, plus water. Add the water to the Plaster of paris first and mix well then add the paint. This is how it looked next.  Then I added some glaze to give it an old look. You paint it on with a foam brush and wipe some back off.  Here is one drawer done.
Then when it is dry you add wax and buff it off. 
And here is the final product. i was really happy with how it turned out for my first try. I ended up moving it around in my room a couple of times but I think I have finally found the best place for it. i am still making adjustments and organizing my room but I will post more pictures when it is all set. thanks for stopping by. I wonder what my neighbor would think of his dresser now?

No comments:

Post a Comment